First Place - $4,000
Second Place - $2,500
Third Place - $1,000
The Woodland Hills Republican Women Federated Thomas Paine Merit
Scholarship for high school seniors attending a Woodland Hills or Calabasas high
school (El Camino, Taft, Louisville, Calabasas, Viewpoint, Fusion Academy, Halstrom or Muse)
- Must attend a High School in Woodland Hills or Calabasas ( El Camino, Taft, Louisville, Calabasas, Viewpoint, Fusion Academy, Halstrom or Muse).
- Will be attending, within one academic year, an accredited academic institution offering a 2-year associate's degree or a 4-year bachelor's degree.
- Must complete the application process (online or hardcopy).
- If selected, must complete an in person interview.
- Scholastic achievement (25% of judging)
- Non-academic activities and honors (25% of judging)
- Constructive thought demonstrated in an essay (50% of judging)
Finalists will be interviewed.
Applicants must submit an essay, not to exceed 500 words, on the
Give current examples that you think reflect the most important tenant within the First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States.
Explain how it affects your generation.
The applications will be graded on a point system by
judges appointed by the WHRWF Scholarship Committee.
The scholarships will be presented upon verification of the
information submitted and evidence of enrollment in an accredited
academic institution offering a 2-year associate's degree or a 4-year
Deadline for submission: Midnight, Sunday, April 22, 2018
Before you start we recommend that you have the following items prepared:
- Contact information for you, and your Parent/Guardian, including mailing address, phone number(s) and email address.
The judges will not see this information. We will only use it to contact you about awards.
- Your current GPA
- Your current class standing
- Your SAT and/or ACT test scores
- Plain text (no formatting) describing your non-academic achievements and honors: such as clubs,
student government, community activities, church activities, etc.
- Your essay in plain text format (no formatting). This essay is worth half your score, so put some time into it.